Regulations on the BMW Academy Award
Established September 15th, 2011
Article 1 (Name)
The official name of the academic award established by the KDGW and BMW Korea is the KDGW BMW Academy Award (hereinafter, the award).
Article 2 (Purpose)
This award is intended to encourage research work in economics and management in Korean/Germany, and contribute to the development of economics and management.
Article 3 (Operation)
This award is conferred once a year, mainly with funds donated by BMW Korea.
Article 4 (Types of Prizes)
Types of prizes are Grand Prizes and First Prizes.
- 1. (Grand Prizes) The Grand Prize goes to the best writing or article, the winner of which receives a plaque and prize money.
- 2. (First Prizes) When there are no articles eligible for Grand Prizes, First Prizes go to up to two writings or articles, the winner(s) of which receive(s) a plaque and prize money.
Article 5 (Awardee Qualification)
- 1. KDGW members who have faithfully fulfilled their duty as members, such as paying membership fees, participating in seminars, and contributing to KDGW, can be nominees.
- 2. An awardee cannot be nominees for the three years following receipt of an award.
Article 6 (Writings and Articles Reviewed for the Award)
- 1. (Period) The nominated writings and articles must have been published within five years from the review day.
- 2. (Writings) Writings by one author or two authors can be nominated, although research reports or writings that are any kind of teaching material are excluded.
- 3. (Articles) Articles that have been published in Gyeongsangnonchong, the Korea Citation Index (KCI) or higher levels of domestic or international journals, by one or two authors, can be nominated. When there are two authors, the nominee must be the first author.
Article 7 (The Review Committee)
- 1. (Organization) The review committee consists of eight members: two advisers, two members of the chair’s group (the chair and the incoming chair), two members from the Editorial Board, and two Board members. The two advisors and two Board members are appointed by the chair, and the two members from the Editorial Board are the editor-in-chief and someone recommended by the editor-in-chief.
- 2. (Head of the Committee) The oldest person among the Review Committee members becomes the Head of the Committee.
- 3. (Term) The term for committee members is three years. However, in case of ex officio members, their terms end at the same time as the original position.
Article 8 (Recommendation for Nominees)
- 1. The KDGW announces the schedule of awards and recommendation procedures three weeks before the award.
- 2. Nominees can be recommended by others, self-recommended, or recommended by the Review Committee.
- 3. To recommend nominees, a Statement for Recommendation and a copy or electronic document of the writing/article must be submitted to the Review Committee.
Article 9 (Other)
- 1. Any matters not covered in these Regulations shall be subject to decision by the Review Committee.
The Regulations of Review have been in effect since September 15th, 2011.